The Society To Stop Climate Change
Climate change is a serious problem that adults are ignoring. We are an international group of dedicated tweens and teens (and some adults) trying to make a difference.
Who are we?
Hi, welcome to our website! We are The Society To Stop Climate Change. We were started by Naomi, and we’re working to raise awareness about climate change through our blog. We’re also trying to help make a difference through sharing links such as the ones found below in our links library or inviting you to sign petitions!
It might seem small, but we can have a big ripple effect!
So, what is climate change?
Climate change describes a change in the average conditions — such as temperature and rainfall — in a region over a long period of time. NASA scientists have observed Earth’s surface is warming, and many of the warmest years on record have happened in the past 20 years.
What’s it causing?
Climate Change is causing rising sea levels, temperatures to go up, to melt, and it’s causing bad air quality.
What’s being done?
There are protests, mostly by kids, and many organizations. There are also a bunch of people making little changes in their daily lives. People in charge are doing very little, but The Paris Agreement is one example of what politicians are doing.
What can you do?
Do something in your daily life- Unplug a charger, ask not to ride a car, ask to ride public transport (maybe not in COVID, but), Don’t leave appliances on.
Attend a protest, send an email, make a phone call, post on social media, or ask someone to post on social media.
Donate- You can donate to do things like plant trees, or donate to an organization (In the Helpful Links Library section, we have some organizations you could donate to).
“When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you can’t eat money.”-Alanis Obomsawim
Helpful Links Library
- Fridays For Future is a group that I have gone to a protest with
- One Tree Planted is an organization working to plant trees. Planting trees really helps fight climate change. You can donate to them to plant a tree somewhere, or ask for trees for your birthday!
- 350 is an organization simply working to stop climate change, and they’re an excellent group to donate too.
- The Green Belt Movement is a really cool organization to check out, too!
- Climate Kids is a good site if you want information. It doesn’t have things that you can do against climate change, but it is really helpful for information on Climate Change.
- National Geographic Kids is a good site for: ideas for doing things in your daily life, and for information as well.
- Countdown, from TED, is another climate movement you can check out!
- Here is a link that you can use to find how to email government officials, in the U.S.
- The Leap is an amazing organization working to create a better future. They are mainly working on Climate Change, but they also work with social justice and things like that.
Become a member
Would you like to join our fight to end climate change?